A roundup of the week’s most newsworthy health industry press releases from PR Newswire, including a women’s health event at SXSW and a new ChatGPT-based health coach.
NEW YORK, March 10, 2023 /PRNewswire/ — With thousands of press releases published each week, it can be difficult to keep up with everything on PR Newswire. To help journalists covering the healthcare industry stay on top of the week’s most newsworthy and popular releases, here’s a roundup of stories from the week that shouldn’t be missed.
The list below includes the headline (with a link to the full text) and an excerpt from each story. Click on the press release headlines to access accompanying multimedia assets that are available for download.
- Zocdoc Reports: International Women’s Day
The report shows that women are taking an active approach towards keeping up with preventative care appointments, while increasingly taking steps to take care of their mental health.
- SHE Media Announces the Future of Health at SXSW
The groundbreaking event, which takes place March 11 and March 12, will examine the science and storytelling around women’s whole health. Attendees will hear from experts and thought leaders, including Katie Couric, Maria Shriver, Christy Turlington Burns, Dr. Laurie Santos, Phoebe Robinson, Judy Greer, Dr. Piraye Yurttas Beim, Emma Lovewell, Jessi Miley-Dyer, and Jamie Wheal.
- U.S. FDA Clears Abbott’s FreeStyle Libre® 2 and FreeStyle Libre® 3 Sensors for Integration with Automated Insulin Delivery Systems
Automated insulin delivery (AID) systems help people manage daily diabetes care by automatically adjusting and administering the insulin delivered by an insulin pump based on real-time glucose data from their FreeStyle Libre 2 or FreeStyle Libre 3 sensors.
- Health App Uses ChatGPT to Replace Human Health Coaches The AI coach provides instant answers to user questions, offers guidance and motivation, and helps them achieve their weight goals. It can be customized to meet individual needs, allowing users to tailor their experience to their unique situation.
- Danone Announces New Hypoallergenic Baby Formula Brand Pepticate, Now Available in the U.S.
“For babies with food allergies that are not breastfed, hypoallergenic formulas like Pepticate are often their main source of nutrition, and can play a critical role in their development,” said Steven Yannicelli, Vice President, Medical and Scientific Affairs at Nutricia North America.
- Planet Fitness Teams Up with Amazon Halo Once Again to Help People Start and Track Their Fitness Journeys
Sherrill Kaplan, Chief Digital Officer at Planet Fitness, said, “Studies have found that health tracking through wearables like the Halo View helps to keep people active, which goes hand in hand with our goal of getting people off the couch and moving.”
- Nation’s first pediatric hybrid intraoperative MRI neurosurgery suite opens at Children’s Minnesota
Experts will perform both brain and total spine scans mid-procedure for surgeries to treat brain tumors, epilepsy, traumatic injuries and more directly at the point of care.
- Del Monte Foods and Alliance for a Healthier Generation Support Family Wellness During National Nutrition Month
As part of this mission, Del Monte Foods is working with Alliance for a Healthier Generation to celebrate National Nutrition Month in March by providing resources that make it easier and more fun for families to create affordable, nourishing meals and enjoy physical activity together.
- WIN Survey Reveals 79% of Women Who Became Mothers at 35+ Would Make the Same Choice Again Despite Challenges
In support of International Women’s Day, leading family-building benefits providers take a deeper look at impacting factors behind uniquely personal decisions related to fertility.
- NIH Study Investigates Link Between Mental Health and Pregnancy During the COVID-19 Pandemic
Being pregnant during COVID-19 pandemic was associated with higher levels of stress and depression symptoms, according to a new study funded by the Environmental influences on Child Health Outcome Program (ECHO) at the National Institutes of Health.
- Mapping the Brain? – Free Webinar
Fusion Education Group will host a free webinar with Neurologic to help families understand how brain mapping when used as a diagnostic tool can help improve educational outcomes for students with learning differences.
Read more of the latest health-related releases from PR Newswire and stay caught up on the top press releases by following @PRNhealth on Twitter.
Catch up on all the latest earnings reports here.
Helping Journalists Stay Up to Date on Industry News
These are just a few of the recent press releases that consumers and the media should know about. To be notified of releases relevant to their coverage area, journalists can set up a custom newsfeed with PR Newswire for Journalists.
Once they’re signed up, reporters, bloggers and freelancers have access to the following free features:
- Customization: Create a customized newsfeed that will deliver relevant news right to your inbox. Customize the newsfeed by keywords, industry, subject, geography, and more.
- Photos and Videos: Thousands of multimedia assets are available to download and include with your next story.
- Subject Matter Experts: Access ProfNet, a database of industry experts to connect with as sources or for quotes in your articles.
- Related Resources: Read and subscribe to our journalist- and blogger-focused blog, Beyond Bylines, for media news roundups, writing tips, upcoming events, and more.
About PR Newswire and PR Newswire for Journalists
For more than 65 years, PR Newswire has been the industry leader with the largest, most comprehensive distribution network of print, radio, magazine, television stations, financial portals and trade publications. PR Newswire has an unparalleled global reach of more than 200,000 publications and 10,000 websites and is available in more than 170 countries and 40 languages.
PR Newswire for Journalists (PRNJ) is an exclusive community that includes over 20,000 journalists, bloggers and influencers who are logging into their PRNJ accounts specifically looking for story ideas. PR Newswire thoroughly researches and vets this community to verify their identity as a member of the press, blogger or influencer. PRNJ users cover more than 200 beats and verticals.
For questions, contact the team at [email protected].
SOURCE PR Newswire
Originally published at https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/this-week-in-health-news-11-stories-you-need-to-see-301768388.html
Images courtesy of https://pixabay.com